The CYC Guesthouse is located inside Shatila, and is run by CYC. The Guesthouse offers accommodation to visitors and volunteers, all year-round, providing the opportunity to learn about life in Shatila firsthand. Short stays are charged at $15 per night. Groups and those planning to stay longer should contact us, for information on discounted rates.
Take a look at previous guest’s thoughts and recommodations in the Guesthouse Guestbook.
The Guesthouse offers:
- 5 bedrooms with bunk-beds for a maximum of 15 people.
- Two single-sex bathrooms.
- A fully equipped kitchen with a gas cooking stove, refrigerator and a washing machine.
- A spacious living room with color TV and computer.
- Tours in Shatila camp, provided by the CYC’s youth and staff.
- 3 rooms with beds for 4 people
- 1 room with beds for 3 people
- 1 room with one bed
The Guesthouse aims to:
- Encourage communication and friendship between visitors, and the children and youth of Shatila.
- Provide reasonable accommodation for people wanting to visit Shatila.
- Fundraise in support of the Children and Youth Center (CYC).
See our brochure for further information about the guesthouse.