The CYC Guesthouse is located inside the Palestinian refugee camp of Shatila, and is run by our center – the Children and Youth Center (CYC). The Guesthouse offers accommodation to visitors and volunteers, all year-round, providing the opportunity to learn about life in Shatila camp, firsthand. Short stays are charged at $15 per night. Groups and those planning to stay longer should contact us, for information on discounted rates.
The Guesthouse offers:
- 5 bedrooms with bunk-bed accommodations for a maximum of 15 people.
- Two single-sex bathrooms.
- A fully equipped kitchen with a gas cooking stove, refrigerator and a washing machine.
- A spacious living room with color TV, DVD and computer.
- Tours of Shatila camp, provided by the CYC’s children and youth.
- 3 rooms with beds for 4 people
- 1 room with beds for 2 people
- 1 room with one bed
The Guesthouse aims to:
- Encourage communication and friendship between visitors, and the children and youth of Shatila.
- Provide reasonable accommodation for people wanting to visit Shatila.
- Fundraise in support of the Children and Youth Center (CYC).
See our brochure for further information on the guesthouse.